Do you want to contribute to an internationally renowned festival while learning valuable professional skills? Byron Writers Festival seeks a Communications Intern to assist with Marketing and Communications activities for the 2020 Festival. Ideally starting in April 2020, this opportunity would suit motivated students enrolled in Professional Placement COM00471.
Working on this project you will make a difference in Key Impact Area: Community & Cultural Development; Sustainable Development Goal: Quality Education (SDG 4).
Time required: 8 hours per week
Duration: 16 weeks
Requires face to face contact: Yes
Support Communications Manager in implementing annual strategic marketing and communications plan. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in driving ticket sales to Festival events via key communications channels (print, digital, social media and word of mouth)
- Database administration
- Collect, review and upload content to Festival Website pages via Wordpress CMS (training provided)
- Collaborate with team members on ideas for Festival promotions, publicity, messaging and brand activations.
- Support broader team with administrative tasks as required
Regular and reliable support across all areas of Festival Communications, with particular support in administering e-newsletters and social media channels.
The position will contribute to the successful delivery of the 2020 Byron Writers Festival Marketing and Communications Strategy.
- Students gain valuable on-the-job experience contributing to all aspects of a communications campaign for a world-class arts Festival.
- Skills training and development from Communications Manager
- Opportunity to attend 2020 Byron Writers Festival and other year-round events and workshops
- Experience managing content for social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Experience with Microsoft Office or Google Docs suite, especially excel
- Strong writing skills, in particular writing for digital communications such as blogs, e-newsletters etc
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience in graphic design applications such as Adobe Creative or Canva.com
- Passion for the arts, books, social causes and/or events
Min. commitment is 1 day per week in the office commencing April and ending in August (approx. 16 weeks)
Working at the Festival site from Thursday 6 August to Sunday 9 August 2020
Training and professional placement accreditation where applicable