Do you want to gain valuable experience engaging with your local community. In this project, volunteers will deliver talks to educate the community on how to reduce their cancer risk and connect people to our cause. These will create awareness about what we do, how we can help and how people can support Cancer Council. Suits studnet volunteers or students enrolled in COM30001, SOY10105.
Working on this project you will make a difference in Key Impact Area: Health & Ability; Sustainable Development Goal: Good Health & Well-being (SDG 3).
Time required: Not yet defined
Duration: Not yet defined
Requires face to face contact: No
To improve the knowledge of Cancer Council and what we do within our communities. To offer a new initiative for organisations, community groups and businesses to hear and offer to their groups opportunities to learn more. Volunteers for this position will have a one day training course but than be independently expected to attend speaker opportunities without CCNSW staff attending.
Better awareness of Cancer Council within communities and service offerings to cancer patients and their carers. As well as the impact we have in each community with Northern NSW.
Creating opportunities for Cancer Council, creating greater community connection to our cause.
Volunteer for a great organisation working towards a cancer free future:
• Be part of a dynamic team that works ‘on the ground' with the community
• Grow personally and professionally
• You'll have access to our benefits, including a 15% discount at our retail stores across NSW, exclusive health insurance benefits and much more
Skills required include:
• Confidence in public speaking, with the ability to engage and inspire an audience
• Be computer literate (Power Point and Microsoft Word knowledge)
• Have access to the internet and an electronic device (laptop, tablet etc)
• Excellent phone manner
• Ability to use own initiative and work autonomously
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to transport yourself to and from speaking engagements (Cancer Council fleet vehicle may be available based on location)
• Adhere to Cancer Council policies and procedures
• Driver's license
Promotion through staff and student networks.
Training in Microsoft Office suite.