The Feros Care Community Visitors Scheme aims to enrich the quality of life of seniors living in aged care residential facilities or at home who are at risk of social isolation and would benefit from a friendly visitor. This project would suit students studying HLT10595 or COM30001.
Time required: 1 hours per week
Duration: 26 weeks
Requires face to face contact: Yes
To assess whether the impact of social isolation can be reduced or potentially eliminated for seniors by providing friendly visits.
• Decrease in social isolation as evidenced by an increase in social network, improved mood and participation in more events
• Increase connection between different populations
• Ageing to be celebrated
• Social Isolation
• Poor views of ageing
• Enhancing skills of seniors
• Providing students the opportunity to work with seniors
• Have access to an engaged group of seniors who have a varying level of care needs (living independently in the community to receiving high care whilst living at a residential care village)
• Students complete a topic or new project through which they receive credit
Assistance with the promotion of program.
Meet new people, make new friends, hear and share exciting stories
Improve employment prospects
Spend quality time enjoying new and exciting social and cultural experiences
Feel part of the team with an invite to attend virtual monthly meetings
You’ll be back by a training and development team committed to your continuous face to face and online learning
Knowing your efforts volunteering for an award-winning not-for-profit organisation support an essential community service
Truly flexible and supportive work environment – we walk the talk
Be part of an organisation who’s shaking up the aged care industry
Plus meaningful experiences where you know you are making a positive impact in the local community every day