The purpose of this position is to provide support to the design team and to provide the intern with practical exposure to the industry. This project could suit students studying engineering.
Working on this project you will make a difference in Key Impact Area: Environment; Sustainable Development Goal: Sustainable Cities & Communities (SDG 11).
Time required: Not yet defined
Duration: Not yet defined
Requires face to face contact: Yes
- Working closely with the Landscape Architect
- Receiving briefs from the Child Care Centre Director for new developments
- Create construction plans
- Create elevations and fly-throughs
- Creating bill of quantities
- Liaising with trades, engineers, suppliers etc.
- Using creativity and the beauty of nature to create a harmonious, aesthetically pleasing and functional areas within childcare settings to support development of children in becoming kind, resilient, independent and thoughtful people.
- Planning the finished product, tying in new features with current ones, by sketching it to scale. These drawings will be very detailed.
- Performing site analyses that include the assessment of current plants, soil conditions, lighting, the view, and architecture style of the house.
- The ability to communicate well both with clients and other types of workers (contractors, supervisors, etc) on the landscaping team.
- Researching topics such as plants and their ability to survive in an area, guidelines and codes.
- Reviewing plans, proposed changes, and any other necessary documents.
- Keeping records, including everything from correspondence to reports
- Interns will have local work experience and referees for their resume
- Experience with a business who has a solid reputation and whom is continuing to grow and be industry leaders
- Participation in various projects from commencement to completion, with benefits for both the student and the company
- Fresh ideas
- Access to latest trends and information
- Providing professional business skills and a different mindset from an education learning environment transitioning to a workplace
- Wearthy is looking for future talent and may be able to offer a paid position to suitable interns upon completion of internship
Completion of tasks and ongoing projects
- Real life job experience with a Company who has a very clear mission
- Someone who is wanting to make a difference within the industry
- Real life experiencing working on the Gold Coast, a small business can provide experience and exposure to variety of tasks that big business cannot necessarily offer
A reliable and trustworthy point of contact who can effectively promote the initiative to students in relevant degrees
Complete an internship and gain valuable experience from a knowledgeable mentor.