Thursday Night Live is a monthly discussion series held at Lismore Regional Gallery in partnership with Southern Cross University. This project is seeking someone to manage the implementation of podcasting these sessions. This opportunity suits students enrolled in COM30001, HLT10595, COM10628 and SOY10114
Working on this project you will make a difference in Key Impact Area: Education; Sustainable Development Goal: Partnerships for the Goals (SDG 17).
Time required: Not yet defined
Duration: 10 weeks
Requires face to face contact: No
Primary aim is to provide guidance to Lismore Regional Gallery as to most effective way to record sessions for public listening, and to oversee podcasting of sessions.
• Research as to most cost effective and reliable way to record Thursday Night Live sessions
• Research into simplest way to then upload session as a podcast
• Research into best way to promote these podcasts through existing media and social media channels.
The project will greatly enhance the audience for the Thursday Night Live sessions, and promote the identity of the University (particularly when SCU staff/students are speakers), and the Gallery to wider audiences. The project will also bring a greater range of voices to the topics explored.
- Sound recording
- Understanding existing AV systems
- Research skills
- Technical skills related to the uploading of podcast
- Social media skills desirable
The student would gain technical skills in the implementation and management of a podcast, and the promotion of the podcast.
Possibility of support from SCU sound/tech departments.
- Acquisition of relevant tech needs - budget dependant.
- Existing, and successful program ready for recording