Interns will shadow and support experienced engineers and team members on a range of projects offering their own ideas and developing new designs on unique projects and tasks.
Working on this project you will make a difference in Key Impact Area: Education; Sustainable Development Goal: Quality Education (SDG 4).
Time required: Not yet defined
Duration: Not yet defined
Requires face to face contact: Yes
This is a broad position where you will have the opportunity to complete engineering tasks related to design, analysis, testing, integration and systems engineering.
You will perform analysis on existing drone hardware, assist in the design and development of future hardware and provide quality assurance.
Duties and responsibilities will include and are not limited to:
• Electrical systems analysis
• Electrical system branch circuiting
• Preparation of design drawings
• Troubleshoot issues and provide solutions
• Mechanical 3D CAD design of components and systems
• PCB design and layout
• AI & NDVI (agricultural) scanning
• 3D Printing
- A range of projects and tasks completed with benefits for the student and company
- Fulfillment from providing work experience for local students
- Creating a talent pipeline of people who have already worked in the business
- Able to change designs, streamline R&D capabilities
- Diversify our skill base / set
- New fresh ideas
Completion of tasks and ongoing projects
- Gain valuable practical experience
- Interns will have local work experience & referees for their CV
- Spend the day playing with drones
- Application of learning
- Experience in a forward thinking and disruptive technology industry
- Opportunity to obtain drone licence (in line with CASA)
- The internship may lead to paid casual, part-time or full-time work.
A reliable and trustworthy point of contact who can effectively promote the initiative to students in relevant degrees
Complete an internship and gain valuable experience from a knowledgeable mentor.