Multiple roles working with The Cubana Group to carry out market analysis of the tours market on Mid–North Coast of NSW and assist in creating new tour products for various market segments. This opportunity would suit students enrolled in MNG00912, MKT00075 or marketing students looking for volunteering.
Time required: 20 hours per week
Duration: 12 weeks
Requires face to face contact: Yes
1. Carry out market analysis of Coach tours in the region
2. Identify potential new markets
3. Research product for new itineraries
4. Assist in costing and planning annual group itineraries
5. Work closely with local restaurants and attractions to establish good working relationships
6. Liaise with community partners and tourism bodies for mutual promotion opportunities
To have an expanded, fully operational tours program for 2020
We hope to generate more tourists to the region and promote the region to different market segments.
The Cubana Group is looking to encourage carbon reduced tourism though promoting domestic tourism and shared coach travel.
This is an opportunity for students to gain professional experience in a much sought after Product Development role. Students can take this experience to inbound and outbound tour-operators and product departments within travel agencies and OTAs. Students involvement in this project could lead to job placement within The Cubana Group, a dynamic and expanding hospitality group.
We would welcome access to any research carried out by SCU into emerging trends within Nambucca and Ballina regions. We would like to you to recommend any committed students willing to embrace the opportunity to work within our group.
Legitimate business expenses to be paid. Overnight accommodation when required in Ballina, Nambucca or Yamba. (To be determined by The Cubana Group)