Play a significant role in shaping and planning the pilot event for a new national events day to be rolled out nationally to celebrate the role that working animals play in society. This includes assistance animals, defence, search and rescue and other animals trained in tasks to help humans. Will suit students studying event management, project management or a related discipline.
Time required: Not yet defined
Duration: Not yet defined
Requires face to face contact: No
The project aims to:
1. Create public awareness about the role of "animals helping humans" in society;
2. Become the main fundraising event for Animal Therapies Ltd, a registered health promotion charity which advances health through animal-assisted interventions;
3. Bring the community together to support those who have assistance animals help them in accessing public life;
4. Create a sense of pride and community for working animal handlers;
5. Provide organisations who train working animals to showcase their services to the general public;
6. To provide access to animal-assisted interventions to meet individual, family and community needs for those affected by trauma, disability or adversity;
7. To provide relief and support services to those in the community in relation to animal-assisted interventions for those affected by trauma, disability or adversity;
8. To provide stimulating and diverse environments in which the relationship between an individual and their assistance animal can be developed to support relief from trauma, disability or adversity for those from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds;
9. To promote the benefits, understanding and acceptance of animal-assisted interventions throughout the community;
10. To provide access to information, education and research to individuals, carers, service providers, allied health professionals, families, governments and other interested parties in the community in relation to animal-assisted interventions for those affected by trauma, disability or adversity.
An implementable event "project plan" to be fully developed, costed, how it is to be funded and what date the event should be held each year. It is anticipated we will hold the pilot event in Brisbane or Gold Coast within the next 12 months.
On this day we will recognise the role of "Animals Helping Humans." We will also raise funds to assist Animal Therapies Ltd help those in need find an animal-assisted intervention that can help with their condition and location.
It will create greater public awareness about the role of "animals helping humans" in society.
Create a sense of pride and community for working animal handlers
It will honour Australian Working Animals who have continually demonstrated courage, unconditional love and dedication to an enduring partnership with humans. A bond that is unbreakable.
This would be beneficial to those studying the Bachelor of Business (Convention and Event Management), Masters in Project Management, or those studying another related discipline such as social welfare/ social science with experience in event management.
- Gain direct experience in planning a new event
- Develop your skills in event and project planning/ management
- Opportunity to work on implementation of the event
- Shape a new event that plans to be rolled out nationally
- Work with Animal Therapies Ltd Founder and committee members
Students to develop an implementable event "project plan" to be fully costed, how it is to be funded and what date the event should be held each year.
Whatever is required by Southern Cross University.