The program is open to first year international students to work alongside the Quad Placemaking officer as volunteer support for a series of community events.
Time required: 8 hours per week
Duration: 2 weeks
Requires face to face contact: Yes
Students (and staff) work as a team to help The Quad solve real world challenges using their cultural insights and skills.
Specific challenges include:
• Assisting with event management.
• Evaluate Quad events from an international student perspective.
• Volunteer support before and during Quad events between March and June.
• Feedback on Quad events from an international student perspective.
• On ground logistical support for a wide range of regular community events being hosted in the Lismore Quadrangle.
• Advice on placemaking activities and how they are seen by international visitors.
This project connects international students with the local community and a unique placemaking program during the student's first months in Australia.
• Staff supervisor/support.
• Guidance and support form the Quad Placemaking Officer.
• This project can be rolled over consecutively for any Quad event that is considered suitable.