Seeking students studying community history project. Help document the history Northern Rivers College of Advanced Education (NRCAE) at the site of the now Lismore Quadrangle for Lismore Quad web/social media. This opportunity suits students enrolled in HIS00235, COM30001, HLT10595 and SOY10114
Time required: Not yet defined
Duration: Not yet defined
Requires face to face contact: Yes
• Document the history of the former Northern Rivers College of Advanced Education (NRCAE) when it was located at the site of the recently launched Lismore Quadrangle.
• Help document, and create content, for Lismore Quad web/social media.
• Collation of historical stories of Southern Cross University when it was the Northern Rivers College of Advanced Education at the Keen Street campus.
• Create content for Lismore Quad web/social media.
Community connection to the Lismore Quadrangle and documentation of important community and University history.
Skills required of project members:
Essential: Communication (written and verbal) and Research Skills
Desirable: Media/Publications/Social media
Engagement with Lismore's new exciting Quadrangle.
Real world history project where the outputs will be published to the web and social media.
Connection/networking with a range of stakeholders including Southern Cross University, Lismore City Council, Lismore Regional Gallery, the Northern Rivers Conservatorium, and the Lismore Library.
• Student/s to undertake project
• Access to SCU archives
• Guidance and links to prior work
• Assistance from staff where needed eg Southern Cross History Group.
• Access to Quadrangle stakeholders
• Leads to community history projects for example from the projects done for the Conservatorium anniversary.