Help us build a cancer free future! Cancer Council is a community funded, community focused cancer charity dedicated to working towards a cancer-free future. There are things that we can all do every day to help make this happen. The Byron Bay office is seeking multiple dynamic and enthusiastic volunteers for the position of Events & Communications Volunteer. This opportunity would suit students enrolled in MNG73005, MNG73006 and COM00471 or students looking to volunteer.
Working on this project you will make a difference in Key Impact Area: Health & Ability; Sustainable Development Goal: Good Heath & Well-being (SDG 3).
Time required: 28 hours per week
Duration: 16 weeks
Requires face to face contact: Yes
The main aim of this role is to provide events and communication support to the Community Relations Coordinator, in order to support the organisation in its vision of a cancer-free future through its fundraising events such as Relay For Life, Stars of communities, Do It For Cancer and Pink Events.
• Develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of the event including developing event plans and timelines
• Assist in the coordination, preparation and planning of the event
• Assisting in marketing and promotion of the event
• Develop and manage relationships with local stakeholders in line with event objectives
• Manage various operational aspects of the event on the night
• Development of letters and emails to be sent to participants, venues, suppliers and businesses
• Assistance with a plan to help meet fundraising targets for the event
• Develop media releases and seek media opportunities
• Develop marketing material to assist with promotion of the event
• Use of social media to build audiences and engage with the community
• Assistance with updating event website and content
• Assistance with developing sponsorship opportunities for the event
• Entering data and updating event databases
• Checking local media and filing media stories relating to the event
• Weekly progress meetings with Community Relations Coordinator
• Other ad-hoc event requirements
Support across all areas of our events. Students will learn hands on skills, be able to apply learnings from their degree to real life events.
Hands on experience. In office experience. Be able to apply and develop their skills further within a trusted organisation.
• Volunteer for a great organisation working towards a cancer-free future
• Be part of a dynamic team that works ‘on the ground' with the community
• Grow personally and professionally
• You'll have access to our benefits, including a 15% discount at our retail stores across NSW, exclusive health insurance benefits and much more.
Nothing required from SCU themselves other than an opportunity to promote our internships with Cancer Council events.
In office position, access LinkedIn Learning platform.