Are you studying organisational management, and looking for real world experience in local government? Lismore City Council is looking for students to help develop induction workshops for indoor and outdoor staff. This project would suit students with research, and stakeholder management skills with knowledge of training, and risk assessment.
Time required: 15 hours per week
Duration: 4 weeks
Requires face to face contact: No
This project would involve researching other councils existing induction and on boarding materials to develop a workshop that would:
• Convey essential WHS safety information to new council employees.
• Obtain acknowledgement of obligations and responsibilities and procedures from the new starter.
• Set up expectations of safety culture at the outset of employment.
Improved knowledge and understanding of procedures and responsibilities.
• Compliance with law and statue
• Culture change
Application of knowledge and skill in public sector real world context with the support of Council staff.
Suitably skilled students for placement or project.
• Training and assessment
• Stakeholder management
• Risk Management
• Technology - office, desk, computer.