The Coffs Harbour Cancer Council Office is seeking 1-2 dynamic and enthusiastic volunteers for the position of Events & Communications Volunteer. This opportunity suits students enrolled in SOY10105, SOY10114, HLT10595 and COM300471
Time required: Not yet defined
Duration: Not yet defined
Requires face to face contact: Yes
Cancer Council NSW is a community funded, community focused cancer charity dedicated to working towards a cancer-free future. There are things that we can all do every day to help make this happen.
Cancer Council NSW is seeking an enthusiastic and reliable Administration Assistant Volunteer to join the team in Coffs Harbour. Supported by the Community Relations Coordinator, the role will undertake a range of tasks including:
• Develop social media content for various events
• Creativity in developing varied content, while adhering to brand requirements
• Assisting in marketing and promotion of the event
• Develop and manage relationships with local stakeholders in line with event objectives
• Develop media releases and seek media opportunities
• Develop marketing material to assist with promotion of the event
• Use of social media to build audiences and engage with the community
• Assistance with updating event website and content
• Assistance with developing sponsorship opportunities for the event
• Weekly progress meetings with Community Relations Coordinator
• Other ad-hoc event requirements
Cancer Council NSW is an independent charity and is 95% community funded. With the help from volunteers, we are able to continue the work that we do.
Volunteering at Cancer Council NSW offers the opportunity to build skills and experience, network with other like-minded people, and access a range of benefits and discounts from our partners. Most importantly, we want you to be healthy and happy volunteering with us.
Our ideal volunteer will have:
• A confident, friendly phone manner and excellent communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and time management.
• Ability to take initiative, work both independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent computer and database skills
• Willingness to learn new skills
• A commitment to volunteering
• Positive can-do attitude
• Social media skills, including Facebook
Benefits of the role:
• Volunteer for a great organisation working towards a cancer-free future
• Be part of a dynamic team that works ‘on the ground’ with the community
• Grow personally and professionally
• Access to our benefits, including a 15% discount at our retail stores across NSW, exclusive health insurance benefits, and much more. See our website, under volunteering, for more information.