From January 2020 ISR Training is transitioning from annual up-front client payments into a full subscription service (SaaS – Software as a Service). The current e-commerce set up on the website needs to be modified to suit this change. This opportunity suits students enrolled in the following units; MNG73005, MNG73006, SOY10114 and COM00471, or students looking to volunteer.
Working on this project you will make a difference in: Key Impact Area: Community and Cultural Development; & Sustainable Development Goal: Quality Education (SDG 4).
Time required: Not yet defined
Duration: Not yet defined
Requires face to face contact: Yes
- Review current e-commerce set up on website
- Consult with relevant ISR staff such as finance, sales and customer service to identify their needs and the impact of a subscription service for their role
- Recommend changes needed to implement full digital subscription service (Saas) to Marketing Manager and company owners
- Implement e-commerce changes (writing own code or other solutions)
- Test to identify and fix any issues
- Monitor roll out of revised e-commerce system on web and fix any issues that arise
- Write any instructions or procedures needed for ISR staff to use the changed system
- Undertake this project and, if time, other web development projects, in consultation with Marketing Manager. This includes projects suggested by the intern or to meet university assessment requirements.
- Assist in other tasks as required.
- Learning & inspiration for both student and company
- Freeing up time for ISR staff
- Self-development for the students through building own leadership skills and working with business leaders
Completion of tasks and ongoing projects
- Work experience with a growing global business
- Hands-on experience
- For interns, project-based work with measurable outcomes, useful for CV, folio and interviews
- Suitable students will be considered for ongoing employment
A reliable and trustworthy point of contact who can effectively promote the initiative to students in relevant degrees
Complete an internship and gain valuable experience from a knowledgeable mentor.