You are the Hero. We believe every individual could make a difference. Young people with a heart for humanity and a desire to live an extraordinary life are encouraged to apply as a Global Youth Advocate through our FIRST ever remote internship program! This opportunity would suits students enrolled in COM30001, SOY10114 or students looking to volunteer.
Working on this project you will make a difference in Key Impact Area: International Development; Sustainable Development Goal: Partnerships for the goals (SDG 17).
Time required: 20 hours per week
Duration: 8 weeks
Requires face to face contact: No
Related unit codes: vol, COM30001, SOY10114
As a Youth Advocate, you will have the opportunity to learn and support our team by contributing ideas to champion positive societal change.
Team work is important. Team work is our core value to get things done even more so during the current global pandemic. Nothing will stop us from working for a cause.
Job Description and Learning Objectives
1. Analyse, research and obtain information on Youth Organizations, NGOs and Institute of Higher Education/Universities to encourage active civic youth participation and connect with like-minded youth who are passionate about social change.
Learning goals: Research and Data Management Skills, Time Management skills, Analytical Skills.
2. Create content for the organisation’s newsletter called Lead the Change, appropriate to our target audiences, to empower global youths in championing positive societal change.
Learning goals: Persuasive and Creative Written Communication Skills, Creativity, Copywriting Abilities.
3. Develop concepts, graphics and layouts for the organisation’s illustrative materials.
Learning goals: Design, Creativity and Innovation Skills, Organisational and Time Management skills.
4. Submit daily updates to your immediate supervisor.
Learning goals: Allowing your supervisor to provide timely feedback to reflect on your achievements.
Orientation / Training program will be provided on a regular basis. Through this placement, you will be challenged to work on the following skill set:
Leading Self - Time Management, Communication Skills, Presentation Skills, Learning Agility, Working Individually and as part of a Team.
Methods of communication during the placement will include:
Zoom - for online video calls meetings.
Slack - for communicating with your supervisor and the team.
Tackling global challenges and serving society.
1. Fluent in spoken and written English.
2. Excellent communication skills and active listening skills.
3. If you have experienced using Canva Graphic Design Platform it will be an advantage.
4. Some basic knowledge on coding will be great as you will get to work on our email marketing platform.
Your role as a Youth Advocate will give you a strong competitive edge to advance your global career. By joining our team, you will gain a first-hand, real-world perspective of humanitarian issues around us. More importantly, you are part of the Global Youth Movement in Social Change.
Be a Team Player. Come with an open mind and enthusiasm for international exposure. Leave with a heart fills with joy knowing you are part of something BIGGER than yourself.
Encourage your students to apply.
Working tools: Require Computer with Internet connectivity.
1. Letter of Internship Completion by the Director of Humanitarian Affairs Asia.
2. Outstanding interns could request for a Letter of Reference for job application opportunities for the selected job title or profession.
3. Outstanding interns will be invited to serve the Global Internship Placement in Bangkok, Thailand in 2021 / 2022.