Be part of a nationwide movement of young people working to create a more innovative, just and sustainable Australia! This role is a unique opportunity for mentors to develop leadership, organisational, campaigning and relationship-building skills.
Time required: 3 hours per week
Duration: Not yet defined
Requires face to face contact: No
Schools mentors play an important role in providing students with the skills, knowledge and networks necessary to create change, empowering them to become the lifelong climate leaders Australia needs.
The ideal candidate for this role has:
• Excellent relationship-building and stakeholder engagement skills.
• Demonstrated leadership experience, including leading and facilitating group workshops.
• Strong organisational skills; is able to plan and reflect.
• A valid Working With Children Check (free for volunteers).
• Experience working with school students.
• A passion for climate justice.
We expect to build a movement of young people that will change the course of climate action in Australia, one community at a time.
The project addresses the urgent need for climate action, and recognises the powerful voices of young people as climate leaders.
This role is a unique opportunity for mentors to develop leadership, organisational, campaigning and relationship-building skills. Students can build their skills while leading their communities towards climate justice.
To make students aware of this position, and provide students with the unique opportunity to build their skills and make a difference in their community.
• We ask mentors to commit to 2-5 hours a week
• Have a Working With Children's Check
• Attend our training, either online or offline
AYCC provides training and ongoing support to all schools mentors.