Are you a go-getter? Do you want to gain valuable real-world experience while contributing to a worthwhile cause? We are looking for motivated individuals who love to have conversations with people and build supportive relationships with our hosts and assist us to support them through their host journey for Australia's Biggest Morning Tea. This project would suit students studying COM30001 or students looking for meaningful volunteering opportunities.
Working on this project you will make a difference in Key Impact Area: Civic Engagement; Sustainable Development Goal: Good Health & Well-being (SDG 3).
Time required: 7 hours per week
Duration: 16 weeks
Requires face to face contact: Yes
Based at our Coffs Harbour office, you will work closely with Community Relations Coordinator and our very friendly and talented team of staff and volunteers to support the ABMT campaign and its host in the North Coast community.
Our ideal volunteer will have:
• Excellent written and verbal communication & time management skills
• Confidence using the phone on a regular basis & managing data
• Be available for 1 day a week
The outcome of this project is to see from start to finish how hosts come back on board to hold a Biggest Morning Tea event in the local community in support of Cancer Council to working towards a cancer free future. The position will assist hosts with any event registrations, needs and wrap up of their events by putting into practice customer service, marketing knowledge and general theory learned within their degree.
Cancer Council NSW is a community-funded, community-focused cancer charity dedicated to working towards a cancer-free future. There are things that we can all do every day to help make this happen. Assisting Cancer Council with the community hosts fundraising efforts to work towards a cancer- free future.
Volunteering at Cancer Council NSW offers the opportunity to build skills and experience, network with other like-minded people, and access a range of benefits and discounts from our partners. Most importantly, we want you to be healthy and happy volunteering with us.
Additional benefits of volunteering include:
• Gain invaluable experience with a leading cancer charity in administration and customer service
• Learn to collaborate with a team and contribute your ideas
• Make a real difference for local people affected by cancer
• Build upon your interpersonal and communication skills
• Access to our benefits, including a 15% discount at our retail stores across NSW, exclusive health insurance benefits, and much more. See our website, under volunteering, for more information.
Students applying will ideally have the following skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills particularly over the phone
• Experience in building and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders
• Strong organisational skills & capable of managing complex workflows
• Familiar with Microsoft office suite
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Willingness to take ownership and complete allocated tasks
• Initiative and enthusiasm to participate in the ABMT Campaign at Cancer Council
Safe and supportive office environment with a range of experience.
Technology and resources to support student placement.