Do you want to make a real difference? This project matches volunteers with families to provide them with the support they need. This project aims to empower families in need by enhancing social inclusion and helping to develop healthier family relationships. This opportunity suits volunteers and students enrolled in COM30001, HLT10595 and SOY10114,
Working on this project you will make a difference in Key Impact Area: Social Welfare; Sustainable Development Goal: Reduced Inequalities (SDG 10).
Time required: 3 hours per week
Duration: Not yet defined
Requires face to face contact: Yes
Related unit codes: COM30001, HLT10595 and SOY10114,
• To enhance healthy family relationships and social inclusion
• To reduce stress and anxiety
• To improve access to community support
• To build resilience and strength in their capacity as individuals and parents/carers
Filling the gap within the community for informal, low risk support around parenting skills and capacity, knowledge and confidence
• Social isolation
• Emotional support
• Enhancing opportunity to engage with services
• Tailored support to the family from goals they have identified to be met within the service
• Working with families within their home environment as well as connecting to support services.
• Enhancing interpersonal skills
• Working with children and families
• Increase confidence and communication skills
• Hands on practical skills that can be transferable across the sector
Volunteers who are able to commit to their time for 3-6months to the program on a weekly basis, who have access to personal vehicle and mobile phone.
Communication and ability to recruit new volunteers.
Flyers, brochures, 2 Day on-boarding training, Volunteer and Program Coordinator to provide on-going support to meet the needs of the family and concerns of the volunteer.