Event volunteers at Falls work closely with our operations team to help deliver many different aspects of the event. You’ll get to see behind the scenes, gain valuable experience, and help us to continue making Falls one of the best festivals ever!
This project is suited to volunteering.
Time required: 18 hours per week
Duration: 1 weeks
Requires face to face contact: Yes
To assist in the delivery of Falls Festival Byron Bay. A 3 day music, arts and camping festival taking place over New Years Eve at North Byron Parklands. The Falls Music & Arts Festival is one of the finest, longest-running, boutique music events in Australia.
The festival is based on European style events, including camping, arts, comedy, a great atmosphere, over 60 acts (international and national), and a variety of activities and entertainment across a couple of days.
Volunteers work with staff to meet outcomes such as efficient distribution of wristbands/tickets, smooth traffic and car-parking flow, and keeping the site beautiful.
1. A platform for local artists/bands to perform.
2. Economic boost to the local economy through both increased employment opportunities and increased patronage to local businesses.
3. Sustainability - aside from having our own green team and doing the best we can to be sustainable, we also work with a variety of organisations through our "community group engagement", and Falls Festival can be used as a platform for them to expand and grow.
1. Access to the arena and entertainment (when not working your shift)
2. Free camping within the Staff & Volunteer Campgrounds, and access to the facilities
3. Meals provided when working your shift (5+ hour shifts only)
4. Opportunity to attend the Welcome BBQ celebration
5. Valuable work experience at one of Australia's premier music events
6. Certificate of appreciation
Advertise the opportunity to the SCU community in order for us to get more valued volunteers.
Falls Festival will organise everything for the volunteers once on site, including a campground spot, meals for longer shifts etc. (see benefits for volunteers above). As well as all the administration work to organise volunteers.