A key offsider required to support the Festival Manager (FM) in the lead up to our main event, The Piazza in the Park on Sunday 23rd June as well as contributing to a number of other activities we are delivering around the event.
Time required: 10 hours per week
Duration: 5 weeks
Requires face to face contact: Yes
To support the Festival Manager as she oversees and implements the event management side of the 2019 Lismore Friendship Festival including but not limited to:
• Managing sponsorship agreements
• Coordinating stallholders and performers
• Developing and delivering a social media strategy for all events
• Entering data and updating stallholder and guest databases
• Learning business administration skills vital to the event and tourism industries
• Checking local media and archiving media stories relating to the Festival
• Developing supporting documents, program and maps
• Organising activities that occur on the day including a program in the CWA, a children's stage and the main stage in the Rotunda
• Helping oversee the coordination and implementation of a volunteer's program
• A happy FM who gets to see more of the festival this year instead of sorting out the rubbish.
• A happy key offsider who has learnt some valuable lessons and contributed to helping make this festival and event a fabulous success for everyone.
• Deliver a well planned and fun community event which has been run professionally and with high levels of organisation and coordination
• Create community awareness regarding the Festival
• Give volunteers a truly memorable and positive experience
• Deliver an event within budget, which generates a profit for the Festival.
• Event planning, management and delivery
• Tourism and Marketing
• Learn to manage sponsorship, grants and fundraising
• Learn to work with local council, stallholders, committee members and the community juggling their different requirements and expectations.
Students will get an opportunity to work alongside an experienced Festival Manager and gain practical experience in event management. They will gain an increased understanding of the value of a community event. They will be privy to the goings on behind the organisation and how we work together as a team. Written reference at the end of the work.
A student who lives in the Northern Rivers area (Lismore) interested in event management. Someone who is flexible and keen to learn. Must be happy to take direction yet able to problem solve when required and show initiative.
One experienced mentor who is open and genuine and will only want the best for you.
Free coffee when we meet.
An opportunity to work alongside some of Lismore's professional event managers in a real work setting.