This project seeks students in the allied health discipline to support two Shaping Outcomes Early Intervention Group Programs: Social Skills Group and the Pre-school Program. This opportunity suits students enrolled in HLT10595
Time required: Not yet defined
Duration: Not yet defined
Requires face to face contact: Yes
Related unit codes: HLT10595
• Social skills groups - 3 x 60 min groups over 8 weeks at three different locations (one per week at Tweed, Kingscliff and Pottsville). This will be with an OT and one of the Key Workers from Shaping Outcomes. Will be assisting to run the group, and taking notes of observations for the team to report back to parents each week.
• Pre-school programs - These are run by the Shaping Outcomes Key Workers and run for 6 weeks at various locations during term 2 (Banora, Tweed, Kingscliff, Pottsville, Condong). These groups focus on play skills and social interactions, as well as some basic school readiness activities. There is a significant focus on parent support during these groups, and the Key Workers often meet with the parents (separate to the children) to discuss concerns and to support where they can).
Supporting the family to build a team of preferred therapists/professionals based on their needs.
Shaping Outcomes is such a fantastic early intervention service. They don't employ therapists, instead they support the family to build a team of preferred therapists/professionals based on their needs.
• Interest in early intervention/pediatric practice.
• Work independently with minimum supervision.
• Great communication and teamwork skills.
• Working with Children Check.
A great opportunity for students interested in early intervention/pediatric practice.
Students to support the program, academic supervision from SCU staff.
Staff and logistic support.